Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How I came to need rescue...

My owner left me at a shelter in Rome, GA on Monday, July 27, 2009. I have no idea why, but I didn't deserve this kind of treatment. The shelter was HORRIBLE and I was very scared. (My foster mom still has nightmare's.) I did have a friend with me (now named Macon) who was even more scared than I was. We had to stay there for 5 days before rescue could come and save us.

When Ms. Paula got there to evaluate us we were close to giving up. My friend Macon was beyond scared and tried to defend himself against the shelter worker who tried to rope him. I was so scared I ran to the front of the pen and Ms. Paula held my very dirty, clammy scared body. My eyes were wide as could be.

We were taken to a room to be "evaluated", but because of our serious fear we did not show our true selves. I pottied everywhere because I had held it overnight and didn't know when my next opportunity to go outside would be.

Ms. Paula decided then and there that we had to be rescued and live very good lives from here on out. I am sure glad she did and remind her every chance I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment